OxCODE Funding Scheme
Mission & Overview
The mission of the Oxford Centre for Early Cancer Detection (OxCODE) Funding Scheme is to advance innovative Oxford-based research that can be applied to detecting cancer earlier. OxCODE aims to pump-prime this research by providing small, short-term awards that will enable the development of proof-of-concept projects, technologies, assays and platforms to a stage at which more long-term external funding can be sought. We would also welcome proposals that build our capabilities in data analytics and integration. Collaborative projects that cross discipline boundaries are encouraged. Fundamental science and clinical research proposals are welcome. Priority will be given to projects with a clearly articulated translational trajectory towards the ultimate longer-term goal of improving patient care through earlier detection.
We are delighted to announce that our funding scheme exclusively for OxCODE members is now accepting applications until 16th February 2023.
- Maximum amount per award: £25,000
- Award length: up to 12 months; funds must be fully spent by 30th June 2024
- Submission deadline: noon, Thursday 16th February 2023
- Eligibility: the lead applicant must be an OxCODE member (sign up here) and an independent PI employed by either the University of Oxford or OUH NHS Trust for the duration of the award.
- Interested in applying?: Please contact email@example.com for the full scheme guidance and application form