OxCODE Travel Award
Mission & Overview
The mission of the Oxford Centre for Early Cancer Detection (OxCODE) Travel Award is to raise the profile of Oxford’s cancer early detection and precision prevention research by competitively funding the attendance of early career researchers (students and post-doctoral researchers, or equivalent) at major annual cancer prevention and early detection conferences.
Applications from researchers working on fundamental scientific and/or clinical precision cancer prevention and early detection research are welcome. Priority will be given to applications with an abstract of high scientific quality with a clearly articulated relevance to biologically informed cancer prevention and/or early cancer detection, and applications with a strong justification for how the applicant will benefit by attending this conference.
Award details For Open Competition
- Conference: Cancer Prevention Research conference 25-27th June 2024, Boston, USA
- Maximum amount per award: £3,000
- Permitted expenses: early bird conference fees, travel costs, accommodation (maximum 3 nights on 24-26th June) and reasonable requests for subsistence
- Submission deadline: noon, Friday 15th March 2024
- Eligibility: the lead applicant must:
- be an OxCODE member (sign up here);
- be a student or post-doctoral employee (or equivalent) of the University of Oxford or of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with a contract extending beyond the date of the conference;
- present a poster or talk at the Cancer Prevention Research conference
- not have received an OxCODE Travel Award in the last 2 years.
The OxCODE travel award competition for funds to attend the Cancer Prevention Research conference, 25-27th June 2024, Boston, USA is currently open and will close on Friday 15th March 2024.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the scheme guidance and application form.
Please note that a similar competition will run later in the year for attendance at the Early Detection of Cancer conference in San Francisco 22-24th October 2024.